This varnish contains particles of iron and magnetite not oriented and allow you to attack the magnets in a very thin layer of dried varnish. Obviously, in function of the force, of the weight and size of the contact surface there will be a difference of magnetic force. In general it is appropriate to give 2-3 coats by spray (nozzle 2.5 mm) and by brush / roller to get a good ferromagnetic effect.
In the picture, just for demonstration purposes, there is a panel of wood (MDF) with the applied magnetic finish: the typical "fridge magnets" and the sheets are held by only 80 microns thick. It is possible to increase the effect giving more coats.
The product is available in the basic color "magnetite" only, this is because the add of colourings or the lay over of the magnetic varnish with different color varnish, decrease the ferromagnetic strength of the surface.
The product is available in two variants:
– solvent bi-component acrylic varnish for industry and handicraft, for spray application suitable also for large surfaces. In addition to the �playful" uses in furnishing, objects and accessories is applicable for indoor or outdoor advertising panels..
– Acrylic water-based varnish, magnetic varnish for handicraft, exhibition stands and private users. This can be applied by spray but also with a roller or brush, for the walls or wall sections. When you apply with a roller or brush may be necessary to apply multiple coats of varnish because it is put down less product.
Important note: this varnish allows you to create a surface suitable for adhesion of magnets. In order to have an effect like "magnets on the refrigerator door" is necessary, in addition to the application of varnish, choose good quality magnets, that can support the classic "pieces of paper".
In order to permit evaluation of the effect and for small surfaces a test kit of the product is available, for information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Per permettere la valutazione dell'effetto e per piccole superfici. E' disponibile il kit di prova del prodotto, per informazioni non esitate a contattarci.
The effect can be layed by the use of a primer on:
- metal (iron, aluminium, brass etc ...)
- plastics (ABS, ABS-PC, etc ...)
- version applicable for interior walls